It’s just magic when music and fantasy are combined. And magic is what Blind Guardian creates. Today, we’re joined by their lead singer, Hansi Kürsch, who along with his band members, takes inspiration from the great works of fantasy.
Going strong for 40 years now, Blind Guardian has recently released their newest album, The God Machine. Not only is Hansi a testament to endurance, but he’s also the epitome of a powerful voice. He gives insights into how to build and maintain a four-decade career and how his understanding of vocal technique has evolved over the years.
In this episode, you will hear:
- From playing bass to singing
- Learning to become more efficient in singing through education
- How Hansi’s understanding of breath support has shifted through the years
- The different types of breathing
- Using the spine to support your voice
- Vibrato is one of the most difficult to train.
- Holding big, high-belt notes
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com Let them know we sent you.